Cost reducing solutions
- Calcium Carbonate (CaCo3) mostly used in PE, can significantly reduce cost and it has Antiblocking (additive) qualities.
- Calcium Carbonate + Colour (combibatch). This development of Calcium Carbonate can be used very well in combination with colours. So, also combi-batches are an option at W&R. (This is applicable for Talc as well).
Property improving solutions
- Talc, mostly used in PP, is cost reducing and it will improve mechanical properties like stiffness.
- Desiccant, a filler typically used in recycling where moisture can be an issue.
- China Clay (kaolinite) will cause high mechanical strength in HDPE. Also has IR-absorption ability for greenhouse film applications.
Environmental (bio) solutions
CARBOMAX®BIO is new to our range of biodegradable products with a premium calcium carbonate (CaCo3) content. These products are intended for use in bioplastics, mainly extrusion film applications (agricultural mulch film, flexible packaging, bio-waste bags…), thermoforming and injection molding.
Our perception of the world around us is predominantly inspired by colour. Today, we are using more and more plastic materials in an increasing number of products and in as many different colours. In addition to our broad range of products, we develop masterbatches to meet the precise requirements of our clients application.
Acting on fast changes in customer needs, manufacturers want to be able to anticipate when it comes to the raw materials they purchase and use for design, colour and additional properties in this dynamic industry.